Thursday, September 19, 2013

Art Adventure Time 1: A day at the beach...

...Well my kind of beach. For today's A.A.T. I packed up my batcat field bag with some Cliff granola bars, pita chips and water and headed to a local park. I started off my exploration by wandering around the park but ended up deciding it was boring and traveling farther on. I'm glad I did because I found a beach!
Look at that too-clear sky, It's pretty but could've used some clouds.

 It's more of a beach where the Baudelaire children would skip rocks than where college kids would want to go on spring break. That beach is located on that island you see in the distance though. I used to live there, now I live on the mainland and like it much better.

The bluff pictured was covered in algae and barnacles and crabs! Also located next to it were these great tide pools!

Beautiful shell, very shy hermit-crab.
There were hundreds of these little black shells around. About half were hermit crabs and half were snails.

Here are some more photos from the adventuring:
This graffiti reminds me of Bloo from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.

Nature's version of my favorite color combo


Look at that beautiful view!

It was super fun. I continued on past the beach and up to a little hill with a cliff and that was as far as I could go. I walked and adventured and photographed for about an hour and decided it was time to take a break. I ate my snack and started thinking about journaling.


Here were the supplies I brought:

  • Assorted Pens 
-Purple Pen
-Gold Glitter Gel Pen
-Black Outlining Pen
  • Water colors & and 2 Paint Brushes
  • Aquamarine Colored Pencil
  • Artists Graphite Pencil
  • Pages from Alice in Wonderland


And yes, the front of my hair does look different. I was dying (tehe...) to do something to my change my hair up so I added some temporary purple to my bangs on my day off.


And because I'm feeling a little .gif happy today, here is my art journaling process for the adventure!

From the beginning of the creative process all the way up until I'm about to do the actual journaling. It was a pretty fun day.

The Highlights were: 
  •  I enjoyed eating a cliff bar on a "cliff" (it was a very small cliff, no one freak out). 
  •  Makings so many critter friends! I swear on the way back there were hummingbirds! They were so quick!
  •  Getting to art journal (I've been too busy for it lately :( )
  •  My purple highlights
Stay tuned for next week! We are going to have a refashioning tutorial and maybe a video? We'll see if I get inspired!

Til Next Time,

RaCh

No comments:

Post a Comment