Friday, October 25, 2013

Celebrating Halloween Part #1

As I've mentioned before, Halloween is my favorite holiday! I've only not been Trick-or-Treating on Halloween for 2 years. Both of those years I just marathoned horror movies with some friends and got sick from eating candy and pumpkin flavored things all night. It wasn't enough of a celebration for me though, it didn't feel like Halloween.

This year I vowed would be different! I may not be able to do what I used to do on the best holiday of the year, but I could learn to celebrate in a new way!

Always a good step in trying to feel more autumn-y.






The patch had gourds too! Some crazy ones, I grabbed this one cause it looked like a pac man ghost!
So, funny story, midway through my photo shoot of the pumpkins I run inside to grab something and come out to see a little grey mouse running off with my gourd! So in the only pictures I have of it the lighting is wrong, forgive me.  Now for the pumpkin-y creations!

Pac Man



Pumpkaboo



Pumpkaboo, #710 in the Kalos Pokedex. I think Nintendo planned the release date so close to Halloween to ensure everyone's love for this odd little guy. I will definitely be making more Pumpkaboo stuff in the future.

Spooky Jack O' Lanturn:


I love carving pumpkins. You don't get to stab thick shelled fruit, the size of someones head, and then disembowel it and play with its guts all the time, so enjoy it while you can.  It is sadly only 6 days til Halloween and I have to close that night, but I have packed enough Halloween spirit into the whole month to fulfill my holiday need. I'll share more with you in part 2!

Do you guys have any good Halloween traditions?  Or are you in a Halloween slump?

Til Next Time,

RaCh

No comments:

Post a Comment