Monday, October 28, 2013

Celebrating Halloween Part 2

My favorite blog, which I've been following for about 2 years is Dinosaur Dracula (formerly X-Entertainment). It is from that beautiful sanctuary of internet magic that I got the idea for the centerpiece of my new Halloween traditions.  Here's the link to Matt's post.

The Halloween Mood Table

"The idea is to give your home at least one small area where Halloween reigns supreme"





It's only 4 days til Halloween, but I've been working on this table the whole month.

Some of my favorite parts:
  • The Scream Mask Bear (on top) and the Purple Dracula (on bottom). I won them out of a prize grabber at the beginning of the month. Grabbing Dracula knocked the Bear in as well!
  • The Bat Signal! Tim Burton's Batman movies are a must see every October for me
  • My 'Gator head, a present from my dad back when I was 9.
  • And last but not least my Halloween Tree




 I made this tree out of coat hangers and Halloween garland. My mom made them all the time when I was a kid so I had it down from memory, but I'm sure if you google it you could find tons of tutorials.  I tried to get all the house mates in on the holiday and I made them sit down and have cwafty time to make ornaments. I think we did wonderfully.



Also on the table is some stuff to read/watch to get you into a spooky mood.


 I even decided the kitties needed to be more festive and so I dug out their Halloween outfits.

I'm teaching them to love the camera with beef jerky treats.



All and all I am very happy with how my celebrating has gone. I now get to close every night until Halloween, but get Friday and Saturday off...so I'll recover on Friday and do something for the blog Saturday probably!

Whats your opinion on pet costumes/clothes? I know its ridiculous but I can't help that they look so adorable when they're disgruntled! 

Til Next Time,

RaCh

No comments:

Post a Comment