Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Whimsey: Now Lemon Scented! + A $5 Coupon

 **This company is no longer in business**


I know, I know, its a Tuesday, there is supposed to be a tutorial today, but I got happy mail and I just had to share it with you guys asap! (Just like last time!)



Today I'm going to share last month's Whimseybox with you!

First off, I love the art print! I have never eaten, touched, seen, or been in the same room with a macaroon in real life, but I have this fascination with them because they're so cute! So picturesque. 
This watercolor macaroon print is going right up on my inspiration board when I redo it for the new month!


 The art print double as your instructions for the box project.

I've been on a .gif spree lately, so I made one of me opening the box, and now you can feel like you're revealing whats in the Whimseybox too!



Included in this months box were:
  1. Shea butter
  2. Beeswax
  3. Sugar
  4. Essential Oil (Lemon)
  5. Honey
  6. Sweet almond oil (the left little tub)
  7. Coconut Oil (the right little tub)
  8. Decal Labels

The extras: your DIY cred pin, a "whats in the box" card, and your label to reuse the box!

This months project is really exciting for me because its a craft I've never really dabbled in before: Body care products! Specifically a hand scrub, and a lotion.

I work in fast food, so I wash my hands lots. I also work with dough and the flour that we use to keep the dough from sticking really dries out your hands, combine all that washing and the flour and I have dry, sore, and cracked hands. Needless to say I whipped these up immediately for my poor hands, they are my most important tools after all!

Here you can see the concoctions themselves: 
Hand Scrub

Hand Lotion
The scrub took about 5 minutes to make and it left my hands silky soft and lemony fresh.The lotion took about 30 minutes to make cause you have to double-boil beeswax, shea butter and the rest of the ingredients. It's really powerful, you only need the tiniest drop to moisturize your hands.  I was surprised at how easy they were to make and simple, there were only a few ingredients and they were all natural(not normally something I'm into, but its impressive.)  My room mates all agree that the products smell like lemon pie. Mmmm. You could have chosen between lemon or lavender for this month's box, if you're a pro subscriber! 

Now if I've made you want to try Whimseybox, you can sign up here and recieve $5 off your first box. If you want to make your own hand scrub and lotion you can find the links below to purchase the kits or the supplies from the Whimseybox shop.

If you do decided to go for it, there's a referral program where if you mention my name (RaChil Luke) when you buy a box, I get a free box! So if I've done you a favor and convinced you(and now saved you a bit too) you could return it :)

Supplies:



This is an affiliate post, I was not compensated for writing this post. However if you make any purchases after clicking on the supply links I will be compensated. Thank you if you do, I'm not asking you too if you don't want to. :)

Til Next Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment